Saturday, May 17, 2008

Threading through a web of gas the rain precedes the storm / Coughing on my way to work her smile keeps me warm...



Warning: You may want to skip all this boring writing and just get to the music at the bottom of this post.

I found out today I was no longer going to be able to work at the college radio station that has been my life for the past four years. For most of college I've gotten out of bed simply with the idea that I was doing so in order to be able to broadcast my music. I eventually got a job there, even becoming general manager. Unfortunatly that was all taken away from me, not that I did such a great job that I didn't deserve it, but I still think that somebody who loves the station should be running it (and that doesn't just include me, I would rather have any of the other people who applied running it too). Apparently, the board who hires for the position thinks differently and they picked some girl who didn't even know where we were located and listens to Ja Rule...Ja freakin' Rule!

So, whatever, maybe I could become News Director (which I think I would be really good at and would help my reel out, you know, so I can get a real job) or Production Manager (which I did before and was actually really good at...at least I though so). But earlier today I found out I didn't get either job. I don't know who did or who would be more qualified than me, but I was really down all day because of it. This has been the only thing I've done in college. It's been my life. And now, no more.

I don't want to leave college feeling so bad, like a failure or something. I decided to start this blog. People here in the Las Cruces/El Paso area listen to some terrible music. I can't stand it! And I hope to turn some people on to better stuff here. Hopefully.

I'll be doing mostly music stuff, but, who knows? Maybe I'll branch out a little. Either way, it's going to be mostly music. Reviews and whatnot. There's a lot of great stuff out there it's overwhelming! But I'll try to bring it to you.

Alright, so here's some of the stuff I've really gotten into over the past two years. Expect more stuff like this in the future...and way more!

P.S. The name of this blog, "Velvet Night Sky," is from the song "She Says Good Morning" by The Pretty Things from the record "S.F. Sorrow." The line goes "She's there waiting at the gate as the velvet night sky is torn." The song is on the following playlist:

No comments:

Post a Comment