Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Track of the Week: Hello Hello by The Sopwith Camel

The cool thing about the sixties was all the different styles of music that came out. Rock 'n' roll expanded to include all sorts of musical styles, including those of the past. San Francisco band the Sopwith Camel released a pretty little song in 1967 with some nice ragtime piano work. "Hello Hello" came off their self-titled debut album.

Some of the simplest, straight-forward lyrics can be the most touching. And "Hello Hello" certainly falls into that group. Really, the only thing I think could be improved on in the song is a whistling part during the bass solo. It just seems to fit perfectly. Other than that, this is a perfect example of happy sunshine pop. It brightens my day to listen to it.



Lyrics
Hello hello
I like your smile
Hello hello
Shall we talk awhile?
Would you like some of my tangerine?
I know I'd never treat you mean

Never knew how I'd meet you
Didn't know how to greet you
When I saw you look that way
I knew I had to say
Hello hello hello hello

Always longed to say I love you
Always been too high above you
Now I'm not so far away
Now at last I can say

Hello hello Hello Hello
You've got pretty hair
Hello hello
Can't you tell I care?
Would you like some of my tangerine?
I know I'd never treat you mean
Oh no
I know I'd never treat you mean

Sample
Hello Hello by The Sopwith Camel


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment